Icon of Friendship



I received waves of gladness from friends who saw me online since last week. 
Ben tornata!


Icon of Friendship
Apart from the endless celebrations we had last March, 
my sister's visit...
my niece's graduation...
convention...
The priest tells of the Icon of Friendship

...the most memorable, perhaps was the half day retreat
my mom and I had at the De Meester's...

I haven't prepared myself much during Lent and the few hours I spent listening and reflecting with the priest were all I had left. 

Come Good Friday, I slept less and awoke early for self-examination before confession. My confessor spoke the same words that struck me a week before during the retreat...

What gets most affected when 'something' occurs?

And I spoke spontaneously of 'relationships.'

As I told friends earlier, I was not hiding but recreating myself (Recreating the Soul). I have lost patients in the ward but never a friend, through a choice made disparately. 

I, admittedly, distanced myself from 'online' friends for a year. 

'When we lose a loved one,' wrote Sulekha Rawat, 'we go quietly mad...' 
I believe that.

Two years of offering to God's Divine Mercy and I slowly gave myself away to acceptance and forgiveness...

The priest said, "Don't get stuck in the mud...
It has made me taste Psalm 40, 2 in a more meaningful way...

And by this, I mean, I repeat it to myself more often,

'He (the Lord) lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;

He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a FIRM place to stand.'

~ Ps. 40, 2 NIV ~

And so, I am breathing fresh air again...
opening myself up to Life...

because you, 
my friend, 
my soul sister,
 are finally FREE!














Comments

  1. Relationships are so precious and fragile that when life events happen they can be affected. What I am learning though is if people want you in their lives they make you a priority. If they don't, they won't and we must let the longing go. Every empty space is a welcome opportunity for God to grant us grace and bless us with better. Love this post. Thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Tameka... and so I did :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Simple yet profound word Melissa.Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janu...I think, somehow, one particular incident brought us closer... Lots of love always!

      Delete
  3. I don't know what made me come here today,but whatever it was,I am happy I did. I know and can connect with every line you have written here. I have done the same,disconnecting with everyone on FB. Its hard to FORGET someone who gave you so much to REMEMBER! But life has to carry on,no matter what,and aren't we all doing it.
    Loved your post sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soul sis...when I wrote this, I wasn't only thinking of one person~I was thinking of all the people I left behind in my life. Sometimes, the thought of staying and holding on crosses my mind ~ all I have left of them are 'memories' (good and not so good ones) but I also believe that moving forward has allowed me to grow...

      Lots of love always!

      Delete
  4. I have missed you and your depth, words and feelings. It was wonderful to bask of your words

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Jim...thank you so much for your visit. I have always been honest in my posts.

      Delete
  5. This was such an inspiring and touching post. I pray you always find yourself free and the loving arms of Divine love. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis. I pray the same for you. Lots of love!

      Delete
  6. Dear Ms.Melissa,
    read you for the first time( after I saw this link on my dear friend Alpana Jauiswal's wall. Well, my morning has begun with your noble thoughts! Yes,acceptance and forgiveness is the best way to lead life and it surely takes you to God. I learned this lesson when I was suddenly 'inspired' to introspect , which resulted in my giving up a cosy job and all those things which boosted my ego and made me arrogant and somewhat vindictive too.Now i really feel at eace with myself.
    -Poet Desh (P.D.DESHPANDE)
    Pune, India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir. I hope my reflections go beyond noble thoughts ... I am still in the process.

      Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. God bless.

      Delete
  7. ..when we loose someone..we quietly go mad..that was a nice one..
    ..thank you sharing this wonderful post..and keep on breathing words..
    ..keep writing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that line from Sulekha's poem...

      Thanks Rigzin.

      Delete
  8. I missed you, my dear friend, but I knew you were busy. Truly, relationships are what give us the most joy and the most most pain. Letting go is never easy, is it? But the beauty is that we always find appropriate companions for the stage of the journey we are on. Wishing you many such. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you BS... we always find the 'right' people at the 'right' time at the 'right' place :) Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Shukran Izdiher. You're a woman with few words :P... Lots of love!

      Delete
  10. I'm glad I made it here too and enjoyed reading this empowering post Melissa.

    As someone who has gone through my own hiding, or recreation experience, I can completely relate. I came back out, and now I feel, stronger than ever in my faith and in myself. If I was a broken glass mirror (haha) I'm not more put together and reflecting brighter than before the last couple of years. More certain of myself, of my faith and my purpose - all because of a relationship which did not last. Also, so many lessons about forgiveness, acceptance, embracing change and more. When relationships fail, I feel like, we grow?

    Thanks for writing this post Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story Vishnu. I like how you put yourself, a broken glass mirror...I think most of us, if not all, are like that.

      We could put your last sentence in a more positive light... God opens new roads for us to walk new experiences ;)

      God bless!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Relationship Status: Attached